The relation between Dependent visa and language school students

In immigration laws and rules and other relevant laws, Japanese language schools are categorized as “Miscellaneous school” (各種学校, kakushu-gakkou, かくしゅがっこう).


In general, under current rules, the students of “Miscellaneous school” are not eligible for applying for Dependent visa.


Therefore, Japanese language school students can’t apply for Dependent visa for their spouse or children.


Student visa holder can apply for Dependent visa, but under the rules, not all the students are eligible for applying for it.


This is a bit confusing point.

Please be careful.


Thank you.


Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer

Hitoshi Oishi from Osaka Japan


If you are in trouble about visa, please let me know.

お問い合わせ・無料メール相談 - 債務整理の相談 in 大阪