Look before you leap!


Even if you get permanent status, your nationality will not change for that reason.

Therefore, you need to do resident registration at the city hall of your place.


Once you get it, you don’t need to renew it. (In regard to resident card, you have to renew it every seven years.)

You can select your job freely.

Even if you change your job, you don’t need to report it to Immigration Office.


Permanent status is what allows you to stay here permanently.

So, if you don’t intend to stay here longer, there will be a case where they remove the status from you.


That is to say, you should be careful when you want to go back to your country temporarily.


You don’t need to get re-entry permit when you come back here within one year, but you have to get it when you are not planning to come back within one year.


Your permanent status will be no longer valid if you don’t do this procedure.


Thank you.

Solicitor Hitoshi Oishi