Even if you have Permanent Resident…,

One of the most popular inquiries is like this.

“I am a permanent resident here. I want to invite my child/children and live together in Japan.”


In most inquiries, their child/children is/are over 20.


In this case, you can’t invite them here.

If they are under 20 and unmarried and receive support from you, you will have a chance to give them the status of residence, “Long term resident”.


Having Permanent Resident does not mean that you have the eligibility to invite your children in all cases.


To invite them, you should get “Temporary visit visa” for them.


Thank you.

Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer Hitoshi Oishi