Extension of Period of Stay while you are overseas


Can I apply for Extension of Period of Stay of my status of residence at Japanese embassies overseas, when the expiry date is approaching while I am abroad?



In this case, you can’t do it. You should re-enter Japan by the period and apply for the extension at Immigration Office which has jurisdiction over the area where you live.


Thank you.
Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer
Hitoshi Oishi