To support your business in Japan

To start your business in Japan, you have to change your status into “Business Manager” if you are already have another status here.

To get this, you have to do this procedure.



・Fund raising


・Preparing your office space, etc.

→In this stage, you have to face with some contract such as renting office space, refurbishment of your shop or store, buying office equipment, etc.

You have to be careful of contracting, otherwise you might get involved in losing a lot of your precious money.

As a solicitor, I can check if your contract is valid or not.


・Registration of your company

→In general, to get“Business Manager”, it is better to take Kabushiki-gaisha form.


・Getting approval of prefectural government about handling used car


2) After preparing above things, you have to apply for getting new status.


3) Start your business.


I’m a solicitor.

Now, in my qualification, I can only handle No.1 procedure.

For now, I can’t handle No.2 procedure, because I’m not an immigration lawyer.

Actually, I’m studying to get qualification of immigration lawyer, and will take the exam that will be held at the end of this month.

If I pass, I would be able to handle visa procedure on behalf of you from around the beginning of September.


I don’t want you to lose your precious time.

If you are in a hurry, I suggest you ask to other immigration lawyer who can also handle No.1 procedure.

They can support setting up your business totally.


I will let you know when I pass the exam for immigration lawyer.


Thank you.


Solicitor Hitoshi Oishi (司法書士・行政書士 大石人士)