16-3 Needed documents-The documents that show your assets, income, etc. /Road to Japanese nationality (19)

Assets and income are important standard to decide if you can live in Japan stably.

In this category, if you are a business owner, you have to prepare more documents than salaried workers.


1) Individual

a) Withholding record of employment income (if you are a salaried employee)

b) Copies of Tax withholding slip (if you are an employer)


c) Copies of Tax Return

d) Income tax payment certificate

As to c) and d), you have to submit these if you meet any of the situations as follows;

  1. You are salaried worker and get paid from more than two workplaces and have more than two withholding records of employment income.
  2. You are salaried worker but your salary is not withheld at source, so you do tax return by yourself.
  3. Sole proprietorships
  4. Your annual salary is over 20 million yen.


e) Payment certificate of sole proprietorship tax

f) Payment certificate of consumption tax

g) Municipal inhabitant tax payment certificate (everyone has to collect)

h) Municipal inhabitant tax declaration certificate (everyone has to collect)


2) Business manager of corporate body

a) Copies of Tax Return

b) Copies of financial statements

c) Payment certificate of corporation tax

d) Payment certificate of enterprise tax on corporation

e) Copies of Tax withholding slip

f) Payment certificate of Corporation consumption tax

g) Payment certificate of Corporation municipal tax

h) Payment certificate of Corporation prefectural tax

i) Company transcript

j) Copies of operating permission


Thank you.
Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer
Hitoshi Oishi from Osaka Japan


If you want to ask something, please contact from this page.

解決への道づくりは相談から始まります。相談は無料ですので、ご利用ください。メールでのご相談の場合、通常24時間以内にご回答いたします。司法書士には守秘義務があります。いただいた情報をもとに、こちらから営業活動等をするようなことは一切ありません。 私は、まず、相談者さまの借金の状況の聴き取りから始めます。いきなり、「とりあえず、着手金を持って事務所に来て」などとは言いません。概要をお尋ねした上で、ご来所いただく必要がある場合は、日時を調整します。聴き取りを通じて、あなたに合った債務整理の方...
お問い合わせ・無料メール相談 - 債務整理の相談 in 大阪