When you quit your job, what happens to your “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” visa?

If you find new work place and the job you are going to be engaged in is the same kind of work you did in the former company, you will not lose the visa.


In this case, if you are not sure if you can work with the visa, you should apply for “Certificate of Authorized Employment”.

When you already have a qualification for working in Japan, such as "Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services", and if you want to change your workplace, what should you do to confirm whether you are allowed to do the wor...
“Certificate of Authorized Employment” - Oishi Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer Office...



If you don’t work for more than 3 months without any valid reason, you will be the object of cancellation of visa.

Your visa was issued since it needed to work in the company that you are allowed to work in, and quitting job means that there is no activity for which the visa was granted.

In this case, you can’t say you are allowed to stay here until the expiration date of your visa.


Please be careful.


Thank you.

Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer

Hitoshi Oishi from Osaka Japan


If you are in trouble about visa, please let me know.

お問い合わせ・無料メール相談 - 債務整理の相談 in 大阪