How do I get longer period? 4 points you should know.

There are 4 types of period of stay (3 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years) in “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services” visa.

To decide the period, what standard do they use?


In general, they decide the period considering the follow matters.


The period of engaging in work

Your activity record or track record

The status of fulfillment of official obligation

The size and business performance of the company you are in


You can see the above standards on Immigration Office’s official document.

Based on this information, if you want to get more period, you have to make a “strategy”.


Even if there are no problems in your side at all, when there are something that will not go well for getting longer period in your company side, you might not get it, and vice versa.


In my opinion, you should think of it from more perspectives.

After gathering the information, documents and facts, you can find the possibility.


As you know, there is no “magic wand” in visa process, I think.


However, to increase the possibility of getting good result, all we have to do is to think the way how to get it.


Thank you.


Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer

Hitoshi Oishi from Osaka Japan


If you are in trouble about visa, please let me know.

お問い合わせ・無料メール相談 - 債務整理の相談 in 大阪