“Certificate of Authorized Employment”

When you already have a qualification for working in Japan, such as “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services”, and if you want to change your workplace, what should you do to confirm whether you are allowed to do the work you are going to be engaged in in your new workplace with your current visa?


If the expiration of your visa is not approaching, you should apply for “Certificate of Authorized Employment”.

This certificate works as “mid‐term test” when you want to change jobs, and getting it means that you got authorized from Immigration Office.

Not all the person in charge in your workplace knows immigration law or process well, sometimes, when changing jobs, you may feel anxious about this point.

To get it, go to the regional immigration office in charge of your address.

Immigration Bureau of Japan Website Application for Certificate of Authorized Employment
Application for Certificate of Authorized Employment | Immigration Bureau of Japan Website - www.immi-moj.go.jp


Thank you.


Solicitor & Immigration Lawyer

Hitoshi Oishi from Osaka Japan


If you want to ask something, please contact from this page.

お問い合わせ・無料メール相談 - 債務整理の相談 in 大阪