In the following cases, I can support you and provide you with appropriate assistance.

what should i do

Case1: I want to change the name of the property that my father or mother who passed away owned.

There are some people who are entitled to inherit the property.

One of them lives overseas. He/She does not have address in Japan.

What procedure should I take?


Case2:I am living overseas. I have some real estate that I inherited some years ago from my father or mother but I haven’t changed the name of it yet.

At this time, I am going to sell it.

What should I do first? Is it OK that the name of real estate is unchanged?


Case3:I share real estate with my sister. We each own half the rights.

I live in Japan but my sister lives overseas. She does not have an address in Japan.

My sister’s address on the real estate register is still her Japanese address.

At this time, we are going to sell it. What should we do?


Case4:I am living overseas.I found out my brother has died leaving a debt.

I have been thinking about renunciation of inheritance. What procedure should I take?

Are there any inconveniences because I am living overseas?


Please contact me if you have any questions.

Solicitor is a person qualified by a state examination. I am qualified to prepare legal documents, handle real-estate transactions, etc.

I can respond in English.

I can make English legal documents and exchange with notaries.


Thank you.

Solicitor Hitoshi Oishi (司法書士・行政書士 大石人士)